How to Apply
The Board uses a rolling application process and meets twice a year to review grant proposals. The next Board meeting will be in September 2018; grant proposals received after August 1, 2018 can not be considered at the September Board meeting.
Once your proposal has been submitted, we will contact you to review any further questions and determine the next Board cycle that the proposal will be reviewed in. Incomplete proposals will not be considered until the application is complete, and it is the responsibility of each nonprofit to ensure all required documents are submitted.
Requests may be made for:
general operating support, program, *capacity building or capital support.
*Capacity building grant requests are considered for support to hire a consultant to help strengthen an organization's fiscal structure, fundraising, and strategic planning.
The minimum request is $5,000.
Please do not submit a request for the entire fundraising need of a project, program or funding gap. The Board will consider a request for partial funding of a need, and wants to see demonstrated community support for the remainder of the financial need.
Grant requests may be submitted for :
1) one year of funding, with one year off before reapplying.
2) three years of funding, with two years off before reapplying IF your organization has received prior grant funding from the Foundation.
The Foundation has no formal application and we ask you to please submit your grant proposal by email. A grant proposal is not complete, nor can it be reviewed by the Board, until the following has been submitted:
1. Narrative, 3 page maximum
- Comprehensive list of past grant funding received from the Hoehl Family Foundation.
- Name, address, and contact information of the Executive Director
- A short history of the organization, its mission, principal programs, accomplishments, number served and a clear statement of community need.
- A succinct statement describing the purpose of the request and the amount requested. Please outline the need for the funding, the outcomes to be reached, the expected contributions to the population served, and the criteria for measuring the success of the project.
2. An organization budget for the current year.
3. If applicable, please include the budget of the project for the proposed term of the grant. Please include the total amount to be raised and a list of expected sources of funds. If the request is for a program, indicate how the organization plans to fund the program once Hoehl Family Foundation funding ceases.
4. Please ensure your organization's GuideStar profile is current; if not, please attach a copy of the organization's current 990.
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you with follow-up questions or to schedule a site visit.
Applications may be emailed to:
Questions? Please contact Laura Latka: email@example.com, 802.448.0629