How to Apply
The Board uses a rolling application process and meets twice a year to review grant proposals. The next Board meeting will be in September 2017, and grant proposals received after August 1, 2017 will not be considered at the September Board meeting.
Once your proposal has been submitted, we will contact you to review any further questions and determine the next Board cycle that the proposal will be reviewed in.
Requests may be made for: general operating support, program, *capacity building or capital support.
*Capacity building grant requests are considered for support to hire a consultant to help strengthen an organization's fiscal structure, fundraising, and strategic planning.
The minimum request is $5,000.
Grant requests may be submitted for :
1) one year of funding
2) three years of funding, with two years off before reapplying
The Foundation has no formal application forms. Please submit a grant proposal by email, including all the following information. A grant proposal is not complete, nor can it be reviewed by the Board, until the following has been submitted:
1. Narrative, 3 page maximum
- Past grant funding received from the Hoehl Family Foundation.
- Name, address, and contact information of the Executive Director
- A short history of the organization, its mission, principal programs, accomplishments and clear statement of community need.
- A succinct statement describing the purpose of the request and the amount requested. Please outline the need for the funding, the outcomes to be reached, the expected contributions to the population served, and the criteria for measuring the success of the project.
2. An organization budget for the current year.
3. If applicable, please include the budget of the project for the proposed term of the grant. Please include the total amount to be raised and a list of expected sources of funds. If the request is for a program, indicate how the organization plans to fund the program once Hoehl Family Foundation funding ceases.
4. Please ensure your organization's GuideStar profile is current; if not, please attach a copy of the organization's current 990.
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you with follow-up questions or to schedule a site visit.
Applications may be emailed to:
Questions? Please contact Laura Latka: firstname.lastname@example.org, 802.448.0629